Monday, August 9, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Birthday!!!

We joined up this weekend for a Mad Hatter tea party! :) I apologize, I was slow taking pics and running around like a chicken with my head cut off since you see Bobo tearing up the food table already, and me neglecting Little Miss's guests doing their craft in the kitchen (to which I didn't take a single picture of!) Anyway, we had a great time and it was nice to have a small party for a change!

Now, you are BOUND to notice the AMAZING cake and cupcakes we chose for this party... while I WISH I could say I had such incredible talent, alas, I have to give credit to Lisa over at Create it with Cake! She also did Bobo's cake 2 months ago for his birthday too.
In addition, the ADORABLE custom Alice dress was made by Polly at Apron Envy!!


Now, I did make the paper flowers....LOL like this even compares with Lisa's cakes (you can see her assembling in my kitchen in the picture below) or Polly's mad sewing skills :) And I designed the tags on the tea cups that were inspired by a fantastic designer I found online. The idea was not my own.... just wanted to point that out :) I forgot to take any close ups, but you can see some a few posts down when I talked about the Wonderland Jar Cookies.
Happy Birthday, beautiful princess!!! :) I love you so much and can't believe I have blessed with 5 fantastic years with you! I can't wait for a lifetime of more memories :) :)

Here are also some pictures from her 5 year portrait session I did this weekend!



This little girl is OBVIOUSLY the daughter of a photographer... she climbs up to this little spot, poses herself and says, ok Mommy, this is a great spot with my Alice dress :)





5 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's 5! Is she going to kindergarten? Also...I think that means that I haven't seen you for 5 years...that's pathetic, huh. Her party looks FANTASTIC! I don't know how you have the energy, but it was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Maria! I love party planning, so it doesn't feel like work :)

    And yes, it has been WAY too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness I love all the deatails!!!


    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Such a beautiful party, cake and birthday girl / Alice! Well done, lots of lovely memories for you and your family.

    Cath @dunnntoperfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous party and the cake is adorable!!! The dress/birthday girl is tooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!