So yesterday was "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick-fil-a. Come dressed as a cow, and get a free meal! So our mom group decided to go. We dressed the kids up and all had some yummy free food. The Chick-fil-a cow was there too.
Well.... so that was all fine and dandy until some woman comes running to our table and says that a little girl is really hurt. So Amanda and I go running since we are the ones with girls. Turned out, it was mine. Luckily, a table with a fire lieutenant was there and saw her fall. I guess it had been a while before someone came and got it (it was PACKED and while we usually sit right by the play place, we couldn't today. There was a big day care and lots of families taking advantage of the promo). So the officer calls the ambulance and they took us to Memorial Hermann in the medical center. On the way there they hooked her up with an IV, moniters and gave her Fentanyl. She started dosing off but then quickly woke up and started seizing. Apparently she is allergic to it. That was the scariest thing I have experienced with my children! The EMS man gave her some counteractive drug and she stopped. That was the worst :( But at least she doesn't remember it!
So, of course we were at the hospital ALL DAY. Tons of waiting, x-rays, pain, and tears. After being there for 6 hours they tell us she broke the bone right by her elbow. So great! She just started cheer and gymnastics, has a week left of swimming lessons and has a broken arm! Lets not even mention the amount of pain she is in.
So yeah! What a great start to our weekend!